Fancy Bed Sheets
Bed sheets happen to be one of the places where we spend most of our quality time and yet we fall shortly on caring for them as much as we can. That might be because of the fact that these tedious and extensive chores make as lazy but proper care on your part can go a long and might as well increase the longevity of your sheets.
Here’s a list of things you can do to take proper care of your bed sheets and avoid getting pesticides in your sheets:
- The first and most basic rule of sustainable living is keeping your sheets clean. And that leads to washing your sheets. And yes, I know that’s quite a lot of work if you’re as lazy as me. But still, how often you wash your sheets is still up to you because statistics tell you that frequent washing can lead to deterioration of the fibers therefore, you can set up that rule however it suits you.
- Get your sheets smelling fresh with any kind of fabric perfume you can get your hands on. Trust me; you won’t regret your decision, because if there’s anything better than waking up on a Saturday morning and not having to go to work, it is smelling fresh sheets that smell like lavender.
- Try using a zippered pillow protector that provides better hygiene. This protects your face from any kind of allergens that might have gotten on to the pillow case.
- Try cleaning the mattress while you’re changing the sheets. Use baking soda as it helps gets rid of any small spots and any dust mites that might be housing there.
- Regularly cleaning your duvet has been highly recommended by experts. Since you’re already cleaning your sheets, it might be convenient to wash the duvet with them. And if the duvet doesn’t fit in your washer, try washing it in your bathtub as it can easily be soaked there.
Hopefully, these tips and tricks help you keeping your bed sheets clean and hygienic and get you better sleep!